PIN IT FOR LATER :)
Here is all you need for one batch. One batch will yield about 48 cheese olive balls. I usually double my recipe for 6 people, they are that good.
Here is what the dough will look like. It will be stiff enough for you to grab it with your fingers and roll it like play-dough.
This is a project you'll want to pull up a chair and get comfortable. I've made these cheese olive balls since I was in my teens or younger, so I've got my system down. :) This is everything you'll need in your workstation:
- parchment paper lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup),
- olives in a strainer over a bowl,
- and your dough.
I'm right handed, so, I worked from left upper, left lower to the right.
To freeze them: after you roll them, put them in a freezer bag. When you are ready to bake, pull them out of the freezer and place on the parchment lined paper and bake per the below recipe card.
As I was making these and listening to music, I thought about how I had to show my husband how to roll them, so I figured what the heck, I'll video this real quick. So, for here until eternity, is a video on how to roll cheese olive snacks so that you don't use too much dough. :) The more dough you have in the bowl, the more cheese olive balls you can have! - very important!!!
After you bake them, you'll have a beautiful line of cheese olive snacks. And I kid you not, once one male member of your family tastes one of these, they'll try to eat them as soon as they come out of the oven (because they can't wait the 5 minutes for them to cool) and brilliantly declare -'they're hot". Every...year...this happens!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 .5 oz Jar Kraft Cheese Spread
- 4 tbsp. Softened Butter
- Dash Hot Pepper Sauce
- Dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 cup Flour
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend cheese and butter till light and fluffy.
- Add hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- Stir in flour (mixer on low speed) to form dough.
- Shape dough around the olive, using about 1 tsp of dough for each.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake in hot oven for 12 - 15 minutes or till golden brown.