fb
twitter
pinterest

How to Paint a Pancake

Painting, creating, sewing is a passion, one that I freely share and encourage in everyone.  It drives me nuts when someone says “I can’t”…the truth is, if you have a desire to do something, then do it and then YOU CAN!

My little video tutorials, I hope, gives you an avenue to try it. The whole idea behind these paintings is so that you may have a group of friends over and have a fun painting night: combine painting with something fun like an ice-cream party or chocolate tasting party or just a really nice excuse to get some good friends together and enjoy the evening with your beverage and/or food of choice. :) I have a painting planned for February that you can also do with your kids!

If you are a new follower or want to make sure you haven’t missed a painting, here is a listing of all the painting video tutorials.

1. Chocolate Macaroon in a coffee cup
  2. A Cute Little Cupcake
  3. Ice Cream Sundae
  4. Last: Pancakes, thanks to a reader, Karen, who suggested this sweet treat. :)

What I find really neat, is that I’ve been at many parties throughout the world showing people how to create paintings without leaving my home and while I didn’t see it, I’m excited to know that it’s happening. :)  I thank all of you who have let me know.  You are the reason why I do this.  I hope that you do the same and share with me your paintings.

20131231-163813
So at last, the final painting in the sweet series: How to Paint a Pancake!

Supplies I used (if you’ve painted the other paintings, you likely already have many of these colors):

• Titanium White
  • Zinc Mixing White
  • Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue
  • Process Magenta
  • Yellow Ochre
  • Crimson
  • Burnt Sienna
  • Raw Umber
  • Prussian Blue
  • Cobalt Blue
  • 1″ Flat Brush
  • small pointed brush

What would you like to know how to paint?  Leave a comment and I’ll do my best to paint it

• Sara P.
    January 13, 2014, 7:49 pm

That pancake painting turned out beautifully!

I would like to see a skunk or raccoon painting! (What can I say, I am a mom of boys.)

• Stephanie
      January 13, 2014, 9:25 pm

Thank you! Skunk – how cute could that be! One of the other ladies suggested a horse – I think we’ll have an animal theme next. :) Thank you for the inspiration!

• January 13, 2014, 8:04 pm

The pancakes look almost good enough to eat. :) They turned out wonderfully!

• Jennifer H
    January 13, 2014, 8:13 pm

Great job!

• cookiesandclogs
    January 13, 2014, 8:19 pm

Very cool! I’ll have to get off the ‘I can’t’ wagon and try one of your tutorials one day :)

• Stephanie
      January 13, 2014, 9:24 pm

You won’t regret it. :)

• Michelle
    January 13, 2014, 8:19 pm

Wow that is amazing! I’m so envious of people with talent as amazing at that! :)

• Lynda Self
    January 13, 2014, 8:19 pm

Well look at you. I didn’t know you had instructional videos. And of all things on painting my favorite subject – food. Looks like I am going to have break out some paint brushes!

• Karen3G2S
    January 13, 2014, 8:20 pm

Ha! When I clicked on this post to read, I thought you were going to paint on pancakes. :P

• Robin Gagnon
    January 13, 2014, 8:20 pm

My mother was a very good painter before her stroke. I was always better with 3D stuff myself.

• SavvyMomNYC - Ker
    January 13, 2014, 8:20 pm

Love your step by step video. I definitely could use some pointers on how to paint!

• January 13, 2014, 8:20 pm

My daughter would love to see this! I am going to send her the link.

• January 13, 2014, 8:21 pm

I’ve never seen your painting lessons before, but my kids and I definitely will be back to take some notes and attempt to do this! I’d personally love to be able to paint horses. Thanks for the swift kick in the butt.

• Stephanie
      January 13, 2014, 9:22 pm

I’m so glad this gave you inspiration! And I love the horses idea, I’ll have to put one together – oh, for the Kentucky Derby in May! Yes, a Kentucky Derby painting party!!! Thank you for the inspiration!

• Jennifer @ My Sweet Sanity
    January 13, 2014, 8:21 pm

I love your video tutorials! I used to paint but am so out of practice that these would help since it’s been like 20 years.

• Kat B.
    January 13, 2014, 8:31 pm

This is so cool! What a great tutorial!

• fabgrandma
    January 13, 2014, 8:32 pm

That is just the neatest thing! Now I have to find some people to come and have a paint party

• Katrina
    January 20, 2014, 8:28 pm

I love to paint but never have really jumped in with it. I will have watch all your videos so when I start I will actually create something that looks how I want it :)

• OyVeyaDay
    January 21, 2014, 11:21 am

I cannot even draw a stick figure that looks right. But after watching the beginning of this video, I am tempted to give painting a try. I am heading back now to watch the rest of the video. Thanks for sharing these.

• rowellreviews
    January 25, 2014, 1:23 pm

I’ve never been able to draw or paint anything, but I’d give it a shot if I had the right equipment. A chocolate tasting/painting party sounds amazing!

• Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell
    January 27, 2014, 2:29 pm

Ok, I’m totally blown away by this. You have some serious talent, and pancakes would be super hard (for me) to do. You make it all seem so much easier than it really is! Beautiful job.

• January 31, 2014, 4:45 pm

You’re seriously talented! As for me, I don’t know how to paint. However, I have always wanted to learn how to paint people.

• February 2, 2014, 4:05 pm

This would look so cute hanging on the wall in my kitchen! You are seriously talented.

• Rachel
    February 2, 2014, 10:01 pm

Wow, those turned out great. I can see them hanging in a local breakfast place.

• Cayce Thomas
    February 3, 2014, 8:08 pm

That’s amazing! I envy anyone who can paint or who is artsy. SO not my forte! :)

• Jenni
    February 3, 2014, 8:13 pm

These tutorials are amazing. You are very talented. I can’t wait to try this out. This would go perfect on my wall considering my kids love pancakes!

• Stephanie Person
    February 8, 2014, 11:47 am

Wow this looks amazing! Great job!!

• Kait
    February 16, 2014, 8:49 pm

I have never been an artist — this is amazing!

• Anne
    March 2, 2014, 7:10 pm

Very pretty, I wouldn’t have though of painting my breakfast

• Stephanie
      July 12, 2014, 8:13 pm

Hey Anne , thank you! Art is everywhere even breakfast :) Except oatmeal, I can’t see making that look good :).
      Thank you so much for posting a comment, I’d love to see any paintings that you’ve done and please keep coming back, I’m planning on starting a series on floral still-life, and animals. What would you be interested in painting?

• Wendy Lusk
    July 4, 2014, 11:05 am

You are sooo sweet for doint these tutorials! Thank you! I’d LOVE a tutorial on roses and other flowers in a vase! :) I love the colors you choose as well. All your paintings are so wonderful!

• Stephanie
      July 12, 2014, 8:03 pm

Hey Wendy, thank you so much for reaching out! I hope you and your kids are enjoying the ebook too! I’m working on an extended addition, please let me know if they are interested any particular subjects and I can find a way to incorporate the drawings.

I’d also love to see what your kids are drawing, feel free to send them my way!

• denise
    July 12, 2014, 7:30 pm

Good idea for the last in the series! I’ve done the first two and plan on completing the set.

• Stephanie
      July 12, 2014, 7:56 pm

Hey Denise! I love that you are doing these! It gives me such validation to keep it up! And you all have given me great ideas for future works: animals, flowers/vases – what are you interested in? I thought about starting fruit series but I’d rather do something that you guys will actually do. :)

Many thanks and I’d love to see what you’ve painted feel free to send my way!