I hope you try this recipe that have honed over the years to kick it up a notch: make it and freeze some to enjoy later.
Here is almost everything I used, the only thing missing is the frozen shrimp and bacon. I know it looks like a lot of ingredients, but it can take less time if you do prep work in bulk. For example:
When I buy onions and peppers, I buy a bunch at Costco and take the time that day to slice and chop then freeze. It saves me a lot of time throughout the week. You can do the same with the chicken and sausage, cut a lot in cubes and freeze. So next time you want to make Jambalaya it'll take half the prep time!
I added everything Except for the shrimp and bacon. The frozen shrimp is added in the last 30 minutes. I used one piece of crisp bacon per serving as a garnish.
The final dish, it was very flavorful and ensured I drank my daily allowance of water! :)
For another personal family favorite crockpot recipe, be sure to check out my Hearty Crockpot Chili.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 pound Polska Kielbasa
- 1 can of diced tomatoes 14.5 oz (I usually grab whatever kind is in the pantry, in this case Italian stewed tomatoes)
- 1 can Rotelle Original (if you want to make it extra spicy get the "hot" kind, but try this Original first)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper (or orange or yellow)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp Tony Chachere's
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pound frozen shrimp
- Add all the ingredients in the crockpot EXCEPT the shrimp and bacon.
- Cover and cook 7 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
- Stir in the frozen shrimp the last 30 minutes of cook time.
- Serve over rice and Garnish with crisp bacon if desired.