You know how your tastes and smells can take you back to a moment? Well a sip of 14 Hands Cabernet Sauvignon wine with it's cherry flavor took me back to that moment; and I knew this was the right wine to try and recreate that dish with a fun twist - I made it to accent homemade chicken nuggets.
The chicken nuggets recipe came from The Taste of Home. Simple and delicious!
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 pints
- 1 and 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 cups 14 Hands Merlot
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 16 oz Bag Frozen Dark Sweet Cherries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- Combine sugar, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, wine and a pinch of salt.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until a rolling boil.
- Add Cherries. Stirring constantly, bring back to a rolling boil until the liquid becomes thick (about 8 minutes).
- Pour hot mixture into hot jars, filling to 1/4 inch from top. Wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling-water bath 10 minutes.
What smell or culinary treat takes you back in time?