I know the stores began getting ready for Christmas back in August, but when it is 80/90 degrees outside, it is really hard to start thinking about Christmas. But now, the weather has turned, the leaves have fallen, and the holiday cookies and treats are in full display at the stores. Now is the time that I get excited about Christmas. And best of all, the seasonal OREOs have it the stores! I grabbed two bags of the Candy Cane OREOs and thankfully OREO asked some of us bloggers to come up with a creative way to decorate/dress-up the Classic OREO Cookie Balls Recipe.
As soon as I saw the Candy Cane OREOs, I knew what I was going to do! These little delights even changed up the decor for my dining room - that's right - a Cookie changed my decorating theme :)
The classic OREO Cookie Ball Recipe calls for 3 simple ingredients: OREOs, Cream Cheese and Chocolate (I used white chocolate). And NO BAKING!!!!
Here is the decorative items I used:
- Candy Canes,
- Food-Grade Platinum Dust Edible Glitter, Silver
- American Red Disco Dust, 3 grams
- Wilton Dab-N-Hold Edible Adhesive
- Wilton Pearl Color Mist.
I sprayed my hands with butter and shaped the balls and poked each with a candy cane. Then I placed them in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Then I covered them with melted white chocolate. Then put them back in the freezer and prepared my decorating station.
This was my work area.
Once the OREOs and white chocolate where hardened, I used a dish and a clean paint brush to dab the edible adhesive then I dusted some of the edible glitter onto the OREO Cookie Balls. Waited for the adhesive to dry and dusted off the excess glitter.
HOW CUTE IS THIS! They look like little Christmas ornaments!
It's Dessert and a Mint!
What is your favorite Christmas Cookie?
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 30 cookies
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 1-inch balls. Freeze 10 minutes. Dip balls into melted chocolate. Place in single layer in shallow maxed paper-lined pan.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Add glitter, or decorative items.
- Note: The OREO Cookie Ball Recipe only took about 10 minutes of prep time, decorating added on about another 40 minutes.