I’m about two minutes behind Em and LilMan’s activities. As I’m trying to catchup, I’m walking from upstairs to downstairs, moving from room to room, asking myself:
- Why is the bathroom light on?
- Why don’t they flush the toilet?
- Why is the toy room light on?
- Why is that toy still on?
- Why are there cards all over the floor?
- Why is the laundry room light on?
- Why is he so loud?
- Why am I so tired?
- Why is she crying?
- Why did he hit her?
- Why is there football on the TV while Ben is 8 hours away?
- Why are they going on the back porch?
And now, I’m caught up standing on the back porch watching them play with a rubber mallet and a butterfly catcher; fortunately no one has caught a butterfly - because this can’t be good.