What I love about this dessert: it's best made the night before a little gathering of friends (it needs 8 hours to chill in the fridge, then you can have a piece with coffee for breakfast :) - it's great being an adult :) )
Peanut Butter Banana Icebox Pie
Prep time: 9 hours
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 9 hours, 12 minutes
- 2 Cups Cinnamon Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 15 sheets)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Honey-Roasted Peanuts
- 1/2 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 (4oz) Semi-sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, Chopped
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream, divided
- 1 (8oz) Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together first 3 ingredients; firmly press on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Microwave chocolate and 1/2 cup whipping cream in a small microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. (Do not overheat.) Spoon chocolate mixture into prepared crust.
- Beat cream cheese, next 2 ingredients, and 1/4 cup whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat vanilla and remaining 1 1/4 cups whipping cream at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold one-third whipped cream mixture into peanut butter mixture to loosen; fold in remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Arrange banana slices over chocolate mixture in crust. Spread peanut butter mixture over bananas. Cover and chill 8 hours. Serve pie with desired toppings.