Happy Early Mother’s Day!
Today is a rare occasion. The kids are quiet and I’m afraid to move in fear that I’ll draw attention to myself and get hit with the barrage of “I wants” or just disrupt the piece. So I’m sitting very still, typing as softly as I can and thinking: what can I do to not draw attention to myself and came up with a list (told you I liked lists ):
- Check email
- Read with another cup of coffee
- Quietly clean the counter tops (don’t do the dishes, they’ll clang)
- Fold clothes (um no)
- Pickup the living room (don’t wanna)
- Draw a picture
- Write down a grocery list
- Stare at the wall until my eyes cross
- Play angry birds on my iPhone (I really don’t like that game)
- Poke around pinterest
- Dust (that sounds about as fun as folding clothes and picking up the living room)
- Sneak upstairs to my craft room (afraid to make that bold of a move, it’s like they feel that I’m no longer on the same floor, and they are drawn to me…I can’t disrupt the force).
- Prop my feet up and catch up on my Google Reader (that sounds like a winner)
- Call an old friend (Probably not, don’t want to make a noise…again it draws attention)
- Get it over with and disturb the force…
This morning I did 1, 2, 3, 7, 10, 13 and 15
Do you have a special quiet time thing that you do?