Because I spend a majority of my days in my Craft/Workroom, which was a huge chaotic mess, I wanted to start there! With a little muse, time and other resources, it is really coming along and I can’t wait to share with you all!
- Can’t find stuff when I need it or it’s buried behind something or placed on another table.
- Nothing really matches. The room is a hodgepodge of furniture and stuff collected over 12 years.
- It just looks cluttered.
- I definitely have enough counter space, I’m just not putting things back where they belong because, well, where does it belong?
- The lighting is horrible!! At night I have to turn on the overhead ceiling fan light, the two pendent lights, the closet light, and two desk lights…during the day I have to turn on all the overhead lighting…man I’d love a sky light…probably not this year….
- The wall color needs updating. The current yellow color I picked about 4 years ago and covered a majority of the house with it; according to my Mom and Mammaw (who has passed) we are suppose to paint every 3 years to ensure it is up to date and to just freshen it up in general.
I started with the walls and furniture, the foundation of the room:
The colors I picked out from Lowe’s are based on the pretty little box using Valspar paint. I love the Valspar paint and primer combo, two steps in one!
I put Bay Sands on all three walls but one; the remaining wall is the focal point. It has all three colors PLUS-
How cool is this Eiffel tower wall decal!
And I added some swirls and flowers like the ones found on the box using the paints and my handy Silhouette.
I started grouping like things in baskets, boxes and cases.
So for the cabinet with all of the paints, jars and stuff, I bought these baskets. I couldn’t find the right size in black, so I spray painted them black. I’ll need to make the liners to make them look nicer, right now they are pretty plain.
And I think I may add some tags to them so I’ll know the contents, I don’t have those yet.. Maybe I’ll even use Chalkboard paint on the lids of jars that will be in the baskets…
Let’s see….what else…I’ve already painted and varnished all of the furniture the same color (which helped with putting likes with likes as well – nothing like destroying a room and having to put everything back together to find everything).
Stuff I have left to do:
- Make the basket liners
- Get/Make the new window treatments
- Get/Make the tags for baskets, drawers, etc.
- Address the lighting issue (which may have to wait for another budget cycle so my hubby can plan for it)
Stay tuned for the unveiling, it has been a work in progress since the beginning of January and is coming along nicely.
Redecorating of the room has lead to the following tutorials AND there are more to come.